Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Full-On Chocolate Tarts

This weekend was a chocolate kind of weekend and it all started with the simple desire of making homemade chocolate dough. Whenever things get hectic around me, or I feel a little ungrounded, I like to turn towards something that never fails me - like making a classic dough. No matter how many times I make it, I never cease to be amazed by the fact that a few simple ingredients can turn into a pliable, homogenous disc of perfection. When things feel uncertain or fragile the kitchen becomes -- even more so than usual -- my happy place. I find endless comfort in knowing that the right amount of flour, butter and sugar will always come together. This might be my cheesy moment of the week, but I'm sure you fellow baking-lovers can relate - am I right?


Full-On Chocolate Tarts
Chocolate dough - using my basic tart recipe and replacing 25 grams of flour with 25 grams of good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of fleur de sel

Roll out dough into greased individual tart molds. Blind bake using baking beans in a preheated 350F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until the dough is just cooked through. Leave to cool completely.

Chop chocolate and add to a heatproof bowl. Bring heavy cream to a boil; immediately remove from the heat and add vanilla. Pour over chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute and whisk until homogenous. Stir in salt. Evenly fill tarts with ganache. Leave to set for 30 minutes. Enjoy!




















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds simple enough... this looks like a rich ganache-like filling. Yum!

m_b said...

wow! and now i'm salivating...:)

The Cooking Actress said...

It's always a chocolate kinda day if you ask me. And I am dyiiiing over these tarts! OMG I need these in my life noooow!

Chocolate Shavings said...

The Cooking Actress: I agree! And they're the perfect pick-me after a long day!

Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies said...

Hmmm..so decadent! Love anything chocolate and this looks fabulous!

Suzanne Perazzini said...

All that shiny ganache makes my mouth water - quite scrumptious.

marla said...

Perfect!! Love 'em :)

Frank @ Kraemers Culinary Blog said...

I try to have a chocolate kind-of- day every day. I can eat Chocolate everyday. These chocolate tarts looks so delicious.

Unknown said...

I have a weak spot for chocolate tarts and they will forever remain in a special place in my heart and tummy. Hehehe.. Thanks for coming over. Stay in touch. xoxo

Jennifer Kendall said...

oh my gosh these are fantastic! love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin